Business Data Lead
- Data Operational Oversight : defining and implementing roles, policies and procedures for the day-to-day operational and administrative management of data — including the intake, storage, processing, and transmission of data to internal and external systems. As a part of the oversight for data, the data steward is also accountable to define and document data and terminology/standards.
- Policies and Procedures - Data stewards define policies and procedures for access to data, including the criteria for authorization based on role and/or the individual, working closely with Data Owner.
- Data Quality - Data stewards are ultimately responsible for establishing data-quality metrics and requirements, including defining the values, ranges, and parameters that are acceptable for each data element. They also work with the team to establish procedures for detection and correction of data-quality issues and collaborate to establish policies, procedures, and internal controls affecting the quality of data
- Define the data and identify assets within OT data domains.
- Create processes and procedures
- Define governance and roles for different data assets
- Create process flows, process maps and other process documentation as will be required
- Create business requirement documentations which include primarily (but may not be limited to):
- Agile Iterative Methodology
- Process maps / process documentations
- Process recordings
- Brings strategic vision to the different project teams utilizing a full knowledge of data portfolio management and general business/technical acumen.
- Identifies, recommends and implements project management best practices based on expert knowledge of project management
- Act as a subject matter expert to provide advanced advice and coach Business or Function leadership teams on data, providing services and support for teams to be systematic in their approach to develop and improve processes for sustainable, long-term success.
- Uses advanced counsel and knowledge to remove barriers to ensure completion of activities and milestones, and influences stakeholders to take action.
- Directly communicates and informs stakeholders for projects / efforts
- Prepares presentations, communications, and training materials to enable change management and success of data initiatives and efforts.
- Maintains a proactive partnership with OT business/functional teams, Global IT and digitalization teams.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to enhance the company-wide understanding of the importance of proper data management
- Maintain quality of the data using customer feedback, concerns, questions; internally reporting metrics; evaluating and identifying issues; and coordinating and implementing corrections regularly
- Regularly measures and monitors data projects progress to identify variances from the plan and make needed corrections.
- Contains and resolves issues within the data projects that do not require Project Sponsor attention
- Accountable to Optimize workflows and communications around data.
- Monitor data usage to assist teams, share best practice trends in data use, and provide insight into how and where teams can use data to help in day-to-day decision-making.
- Partner with OT Continuous Improvement (CI) lead to identify data business cases
- University Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience owing data processes design and implementation in large organization with complex organizational set ups and across various geographies.
- Experience is launching large scale data efforts, managing complex data projects, and coordinating and collaborating with cross functional team members to deliver quality results within the deadlines.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of data practices, polices, standards and best in class processes .
- Experience in traditional and agile project management methodologies
- Experience with tackling ambiguous problems, identifying main gaps and presenting a plan with clear roadmap towards the end solution with limited supervision.
- Experience in coaching and advising cross functional teams on new data processes and requirements successfully gaining acceptance.
- Curiosity to learn about the business needs behind technology and data requests.
- Customer-service oriented - ability to adjust to users' different learning styles/abilities to coach and advise.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply that learning to solutions
- Self-directed individual, with the ability to thrive in an unstructured environment; comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate cross-functional project teams without having direct reporting lines.
- A team player, able to build relationships across the business.
- Confident manner with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.