Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
• Team building: Assist other operators as needed. Cross train in all areas as needed. Communicate with the line lead and/or supervisor to ensure overall success in all areas
• Food Safety/Quality: Ensure Cargill’s and our customer’s food safety and quality criteria are understood and met without exception
• Housekeeping: Ensure all sanitation daily and end of week tasks are being completed including put trash/cardboard away (dispose in trash compactor/carboard bailer), and clean area according to weekly/monthly cleaning List
• Operate, troubleshoot and changeover Filler, Capper, Labeler, Cap Sealer, Product Scales, Coding System, Bib Line, and Chilling/voltation System
• Changeover to various types of oil and packaging
• Supply packaging materials as necessary to own areas as well as other areas and quality packaging materials that are in spec and meet standards
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English(verbal/written)
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Basic use of a computer
- Ability to work overtime includingweekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Prior experience in production related work
- Able to perform physical job duties which may include bending, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Forklift certified
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.