Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Type: Full Time
Shift Available: 1st and 3rd shift
Compensation: $19.75/hr; plus shift differential
- Operating forklifts
- Operate and troubleshoot production equipment in a safe and efficient manner and all associated equipment to produce quality product
- Perform line changeovers as needed
- Operate/Troubleshoot robotic palletizing
- Supply packaging materials as necessary to own area as well as other areas
- Put Trash/Cardboard away (dispose in trash compactor/carboard bailer)
- Supply quality packaging materials that are in spec and meet standards
- Ensure Cargill’s and our customer’s food safety and quality criteria are understood and met without exception.
- Assist other operators as needed. Cross train in all areas as needed
- Communicate with the line lead and/or supervisor to ensure overall success in all areas
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills
- Prior experience operating forklift
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Forklift certified
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of inventory systems
- Prior experience in production related work
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She discovered there are endless opportunities to take your career in new directions through a variety of roles and business units.Meet Elizabeth
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.