Electro Mechanical Technician
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Type: Full Time
Shifts available: 2nd and 3rd shift
- Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Installing, maintaining, testing, evaluating, and repairing various electrical components and systems
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, electric tools, precision maintenance tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc.
- Utilize maintenance trades and components such as welding, pipefitting, fabrication, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Interpreting and understanding electrical and mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Documenting completed work and the conditions found, utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Interacting regularly with external peers, and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
- Operating mobile equipment such as forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice
- Minimum of one year of experience with industrial electrical knowledge and any mechanical maintenance trade
- Experience performing maintenance trades such as welding, pipefitting, fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearings, lubrication, pump and piping systems, or hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience working with control voltages, and/or PID loop controls, and/or 120/277/480v
- Experience with safe work practices, such as Pre-Job Hazard Analysis (PJHA), confined spaces, job task permitting, etc.
- Trade school certification or degree in an electrical and or mechanical field, or relevant military experience
- Experience troubleshooting programming technologies, such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Experience with precision maintenance, such as laser alignment and/or dial indication
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.