Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Superintendent
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Superintendent is responsible for ensuring the facility's food safety, regulatory, and quality programs and customer specifications are adhered to in order to produce food safe and quality products. In this role, you must be a self-starter and be able to manage and develop relationships with the operations, plant management, and contract sanitation teams. You will identify problems or bottlenecks in processes and resolve issues; ensure resources (including materials, equipment, and human resources) are available; support continuous improvement goals in food safety, quality, cost, and customer service. In addition, you will work with other departments on root cause analysis, corrective actions and preventative measures to ensure that they are effective.
- Manages key customer relationships and business unit stakeholders
- Conducts verification and/or maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality Systems, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure, prerequisite programs, manufacturing processes, plant environment, and finished product.
- Collaborates with operations on the initiation of corrective action, preventative measures and claims and complaint resolution when necessary.
- Ensures adherence to corporate, regulatory, customer and facility food safety and quality requirements and completion of corrections and corrective actions.
- Leads food safety focused audits (Corporate Food Safety, BRC, customer, regulatory).
- Acts as Food Safety Team leader by coordinating and leading Food Safety Team and overseeing the food safety management system and management review.
- Manages food safety management system compliance to appropriate government regulations.
- Investigates and follow up on food safety incidents that occur in the plant to ensure they are reported and that corrective action and permanent corrections are taken.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Knowledge of USDA Food Safety and inspection services regulations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, when necessary
- Ability to apply critical thinking and balance multiple priorities
- Advanced technical knowledge related to quality and auditing standards, regulatory practices and operational food safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to achieve results with cross functional team.
- Ability to communicate and present to multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Capability) and plant processes
- Ability to learn new technology and programs, could include: SAP, Power BI, Salesforce, Qualtrax,
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma, or other Continuous Improvement Tools
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.