EHS Supervisor II
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Site - Environmental Health and Safety Senior Supervisor at our Fresno, CA Beef Facility will provide subject matter expertise in environmental, health and safety compliance. In this role, you will develop, implement and maintain processes and programs built to assure compliance with existing federal, state and local regulations and requirements for a very complex operation with two or more highly hazardous processes, high serious injuries and fatality and serious environmental event potential.
- Execute controls and applicable control programs and document that control programs have been implemented as planned for very large and complex operation with high risk and exposure.
- Leadership team role with 3 direct reports and 6 hourly safety trainers.
- Define, implement and lead processes for risks, hazards and opportunity identification and determine resources required to execute.
- Lead action plans by identifying potential emergency situations, creating emergency communication plans that addresses operation or business disruptions, recovery and social media and testing and validating the emergency action plans.
- Promote environmental, health and safety culture through training and education solutions related to environmental, health and safety issues, practices and risks and coach others as the need arises.
- Prepare and execute audits and ensure compliance with legal and other requirements are met.
- Conduct incident investigations based on incident classification and liaise with engineers, management and health and safety regulatory authorities to identify causes of accidents and prevent their recurrence.
- Identify and review hazard, risk and opportunities on an ongoing and proactive basis and ensure that appropriate follow up actions are being implemented.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Minimum of seven years of related work experience
- Solid working knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards
- Four years of supervisory experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.