Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Oversee and operate the manufacturing areas in the most efficient manner possible. Follow all standard operating procedures and safety programs. Satisfy both internal and external customers. Work in a safe, quality, and efficient manner consistent with company rules and regulations.
30% Distribute the workload evenly among employees. Resolve any problems/situations that occur, or direct them to the proper department. Monitor the status of your shift at all times. Set priorities for what must be done to meet timelines of customer’s needs. Operate shift as efficient as possible. Prepare daily and month-end manufacturing reports.
30% Complete daily documentation of manufacturing totals and mixing record ledger sequence sheet. Organize job assignments to ensure efficient operation of all shifts. Communicate needs of employees with management. Review and monitor inventories of production supplies and ingredients. Conduct interviews and participate in new hire orientations.
25% Schedule manufacturing when required. Investigate questionable mixes and notify Quality Assurance Department when needed. Maintain good housekeeping throughout shift and prepare manufacturing area for the next shift.
10% Provide coaching development, training and management support to employees within the facilities such that goals of the organization are achieved. Plan and implement processes to create a safe work environment and effective use of the work force and achieve production goals. Assist in management of all aspects of State/Federal Regulatory and Cargill compliance programs including: EH&S, Inventory Control, Warehousing, Security, Housekeeping, Food Safety, etc.
5% Assign overtime as needed. Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 3 years or more of supervisory experience required.
• Lifting up to 60lbs. is required to carry out many job functions. Bending, carrying, and twisting in a safe manner are also necessary for many tasks.
• Climbing as well as entering small or confined spaces is mandatory for many assignments.
• Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as necessary.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Good communication skills required.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor´s degree.
• 4 years or more of manufacturing experience, preferably in the feed industry.
• Driving is required for certain assignments.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.