This Full time position is located in Fremont NE; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
This position is responsible for maintaining optimum asset health for all plant equipment, systems, and structures by performing inspections, lubrications, repairs, adjustments and modifications to equipment and structures of the facility. The person in this position will also play an important role in the safety and housekeeping programs for the facility by handling individual assignments and addressing facility near miss/incident conditions and projects.
A day to day may include:
- Perform facility and equipment repairs as directed from the maintenance register/work orders and maintain spare parts per the location program. This requires the ability to trouble shoot and diagnose basic problems. It requires the ability to read and understand equipment/operation manuals and drawings. It also includes the ability to perform cutting and welding and the understanding on how to use basic shop tools. Documentation of repairs will be required per the maintenance program (files and computer records).
- Perform preventive maintenance, lubrications and inspections, per the preventive maintenance schedule and document as directed. This includes identifying repairs needed and submitting work orders to be scheduled.
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by understanding and following safety rules/procedures, identifying and addressing safety near miss conditions, completing required permits, and performing routine safety inspections as directed. It also includes routine housekeeping of assigned areas and cleaning/storing tools after use. It also includes ensuring that outside contractors follow our safety rules while working on our site.
- Conduct daily boiler testing as assigned and participate in boiler repairs and inspections by outside companies.
- Tasks as assigned—including running equipment, meetings and other tasks.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Experience with industrial maintenance, electrical, and/or operations
• Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
• Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
• Must be able to read/write English
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice
• Experience performing maintenance trades such as electrical, mechanical, welding, pipefitting, fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, lubrication, pumps, and piping systems, hydraulic and pneumatic
• High school diploma/GED or two-year equivalent work experience
• Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
• Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.