Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
This Full-time position is located in Fremont, Nebraska; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
1st shift & 2nd shift availalble
Cargill Animal Nutrition is a global business that serves large-scale feed mill operators and retailers, as well as individual farmers. Our business has provided better nutrition for better lives for more than 120 years. By leading, innovating, and transforming the animal nutrition & health industry, we ensure that the customers we serve, the animals we feed, and the consumers who rely on that protein, thrive.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
A Typical Work Day May Include:
• Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
• Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, electric tools, precision maintenance tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc.
• Utilize and work with maintenance trades and components such as electrical, welding, pipefitting, fabrication, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Modifying or building equipment by reading and comprehending electrical/mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
• Documenting completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
• Interacting regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
• Operating forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
• Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
• Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Experience with industrial maintenance, electrical, and/or operations
• Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
• Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
• Must be able to read/write English
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice
• Experience performing maintenance trades such as electrical, mechanical, welding, pipefitting, fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, lubrication, pumps, and piping systems, hydraulic and pneumatic
• High school diploma/GED or two-year equivalent work experience
• Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
• Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.