Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”
Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”
Job ID FRE02426
Date posted 07/13/2020
This Full time position is located in Fremont NE; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
This is a 2nd Shift position with a schedule of 1:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
- Complete preventative, predictive, and reactive maintenance throughout the facility
- Document all completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Installing, maintaining, testing, evaluating, and repairing various components and systems including mobile equipment, pumps, mixers, drag and screw conveyors, gear reducers, and bearings.
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, pneumatic tools, electric tools, etc.
- Comprehend (mechanical/electrical) schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Operate forklifts
- Understand and adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain a safe work environment through cleanliness and housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility
- Must be able to read/write English
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, weekends or different shifts with advance notice
- Must be able to perform maintenance trades including gearbox and bearing, lubrication, pumps and piping systems and mechanical maintenance.
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
- Able to perform maintenance trades including electrical, welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems and hydraulic and pneumatic
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match