FSQR Pre-Sorter I
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Location: Fort Morgan, CO
Job Type: Full Time
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
- 5-Day Work Week. Improved work/life balance
- This is a NEW position that will start at the TS Tech I level and once trained and fully qualified will move to the TS Tech III Level
- Monitor USDA-FSIS regulatory activities and plant compliance with regulatory standards
- Act as liaison between USDA-FSIS and plant operations
- This position requires use of knife to incise lymph nodes and make other cuts as necessary to prepare carcasses/parts for USDA-FSIS inspection
- This position requires frequent interaction and communication with USDA-FSIS inspectors
- Legal to work in the US without the need of a Visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Good communication (MUST be able to read, write and speak English)
- Acceptable attendance record (up to the discretion of the Company; internal only)
- Basic knowledge of safe food handling practices
- Basic knowledge of employee safety practices
- Basic math skills (read and compare weights and measurements, add, subtract, multiply, divide, coordinate lot #’s with orders, etc.)
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time, lift up to 50 pounds, work in hot, humid environment and use tools (knife, hook, etc.)
- Beef processing Experience with knife experience
- Bi-lingual (English, Spanish)
- Ability to learn technical procedures and concepts
- Strong understanding of USDA-FSIS requirements.
- Able to deal with conflict (able to enforce procedures)
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.