PSRM Manufacturing Technology Engineer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The PSRM Manufacturing Technology Engineer applies engineering techniques to assist in the improvement of manufacturing processes and products. In this role, you will provide technical support, operations experience, continuous improvement and project management skills in a plant support capacity that ensures safe, efficient and low-cost plant operations.
This position will allow for a high degree of technical development within the Cargill Refinery and Ethanol operation at Fort Dodge, IA, both from a deep understanding and becoming a technical leader on the physical production process, as well as a full understanding of the cost drivers of the business and development of skills in statistically supporting decisions. In addition, this position will allow for development in generating results by leading through influence as opposed to driving change through a direct reporting structure.
The PSRM Manufacturing Technology Engineer is a strong technical leader responsible for utilizing and transforming technology into business advantage within Cargill.
- Provide leadership in the application of the Process Safety Risk Management (PSRM) program. Reviews and recommends manufacturing equipment and processes designed to be efficient, cost-effective, and to promote quality and reliability.
- Assesses current manufacturing equipment and processes and makes recommendations for changes.
- Reviews the key performance indicators monitoring systems and determine ways to improve their ability to maintain company operations. Own the site PSRM scorecard and development the plan to execute the goals of the scorecard. Leads efforts in identifying value creation opportunities through implementation and use of continuous improvement tools at the site and regionally. Leads the site in monitoring performance and identifying opportunities through key performance indicators, manufacturing cost reports, and stable operations activities to create year on year sustained value.
- Leads training of personnel in equipment usage and processes from a process safety perspective.
- Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for cutting, crafting, and otherwise preparing basic material, exercising discernment in compromising between conflicting requirements, economic evaluation of methods, and operator effectiveness and comfort. Participates in Root Cause Analysis and 5 Why activities where technical support is needed. Leads efforts in auditing the operation against standards on a regular basis and provide feedback to the Global Manufacturing Technology group on additions or modification needed to standards to continually improve the content.
- Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over such variables as temperature, density, specific gravity, pressure, and viscosity.
- Establishes and submits processing requirements to be met in designing and acquiring processing equipment. Works closely with the regional team to identify and drive new technologies and projects both at the site and across the region. Participates in project justification and gate reviews, preliminary design activities, interaction with the capital effiectiveness team in validating the detailed design, and providing technical oversight during installation and start-up activities.
- Independently handles complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of engineering subject matter
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Lean Certification
- Six Sigma Certification, black belt perferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of PI (data historian), ACAD (auto CAD), MS Project
- Strong data analysis capabilities including continuous improvement experience or certifications
- Strong project management aptitude and experience
- Engineering degree in Chemical, Bio Systems or Mechnical
- Process Safety Management experience
- High Hazard Process experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.