Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Product Line Support Chemist will ensure that products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety and develop an in depth understanding of specific systems. In this role, you will ensure customer satisfaction, minimization or process variation, process recovery realization, waste reduction, cost minimization and ability to act as a specialist backup.
- Handle customer audits, initiatives and follow ups.
- Approve final production and assurance of compliance to customer specifications.
- Maintain and coordinate the chemist technician partnership and training systems.
- Provide process improvement support, specialized testing, training, audit systems, analyze data, identify trends, troubleshoot, corrective action and communication regarding processing data, final product and wastewater.
- Assess quality parameters and systems including cross checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing and oversight of analytical testing performed in control rooms.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Associate degree or four years of relevant work experience
- Strong project management, social and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with large projects extending over a period of time.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Ability to work expertly and effectively as an individual and in a team environment.
- Subject matter expert within plant production, process equipment, and repair techniques
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet