Ingredient Buying Supervisor
Job Purpose and Impact
The Buyer II will support multiple country or multiple business sourcing activities. In this role, you will execute complex procurement tasks to provide inputs to the global category team.
- Execute medium and highly complex sourcing events.
- Drive the implementation of regional sourcing decisions and provide support with the implementation of global sourcing decisions.
- Provide inputs to the global category team for category strategy development and execution.
- Provide comprehensive understanding of regional stakeholder and procurement landscape.
- Monitor continuous regional supplier and stakeholder relationships.
- Follow established procedures to select suppliers for procurement of noncontracted materials, goods, services and supplies.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Agro-Industry Faculty (Major: Food Science &Technology, Product Development) Or relevant degree (i.e. Chemical/or Biological Engineering, Animal science)
- At least 4-5 years experience in purchasing area and food business, poultry business are preferable.
- Good communication in English both written and oral
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and ERP system
- Experience in handling multiple regional and global markets (preferably at least in country in scope such as but not limited to Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia) both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in building own sourcing strategy for the specific area which global/regional sourcing strategy cannot be applied and execute with supplier.
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers in multi country and regional scope
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities and decision-making skills
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially aware
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.