Weighbridge Operator - Footscray
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Weighbridge Operator - Footscray
Join our Crush Plant in Footscray as a Weighbridge Operator where you will be responsible for processing all incoming and outgoing truck movements through the site in a safe, efficient manner. You will ensure the correct documentation of truck movements.
The role will cover the hours on a rotating shift 6.30am – 2.30pm and 10am – 6.30pm Monday to Friday, with some occasional weekend work.
- Weighing and documentation of all site vehicle movements
- Inspection of incoming meal trucks for cleanliness and seals being intact on oil trucks
- Sampling and testing of incoming seed trucks (GM testing, density and moisture)
- Assist, where necessary, truck drivers in oil and meal loadout
- Issue sample containers for all outgoing loads
- Induction of new truck drivers and ensuring drivers are complying to site safety and PPE standards
- Troubleshooting problems in the seed receival, elevator and meal loadout areas
- Adhere to work and safety instructions and take an active role in contributing to building a safety culture. Ensure compliance with Cargill’s Safety and Environmental policy
Skills / Experience
- Hold forklift and Front End Loader certificate of competency (preferred) or ability to obtain within 3 months
- Previous experience in a similar role will be an advantage
- Ability to work at heights
- Basic Computer skills
- Strong organisational & communication skills with the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.