Warehouse Supervisor Assistant
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Warehouse Specialist will support maintenance work by ensuring availability of necessary spare parts for work execution to increase plant productivity and maximize reliability performance. In this role, all opportunities to improve processes, people knowledge, engagement and costs will be captured while complying with environmental health and safety and food safety quality and regulatory requirements.
- Receive goods and services into the different storage locations to ensure accurate stock levels and minimize purchase to pay non-conformance while keeping received materials segregated, returning defective and non-conforming goods to suppliers while maintaining a document trail.
- Ensure that inventory stock and safety stock values are accurate and systematically identify obsolete, potential consignment and overstock items.
- Schedule relevant inspection of goods to ensure compliance to technical specification and quality.
- Define the most appropriate inventory management process based on the demand for the asset or spare part to minimize working capital.
- Understand, lead and monitor leading storage practices for parts, collaborating with suppliers to align with these leading practices to ensure inventory is stored to allow placement directly from inventory to functioning in the plant.
- Make purchase requests of stock items to maintain the determined inventory levels, partnering with local suppliers for vendor controlled inventory.
- Initiate and track the procurement of stock parts required in standard job plans to ensure all items are available to enable work to be scheduled.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of maintenance and inventory management processes.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more: https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.