Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Laboratory Supervisor will supervise a team in charge of developing and monitoring laboratory processes, including monitoring through indicators and ensuring the application and maintenance of the quality system and safety conditions. Management of the team conducting behavioral assessments, setting goals and ensuring the necessary training to conduct laboratory activities. In this role, you will be responsible for the evaluation and approval of the results generated by the laboratory team and you will also evaluate the needs for maintenance of equipment and stocks of reagents and consumables and the organization and control of the laboratory budget.
- Develop and monitor laboratory processes to ensure the application and maintenance of quality product and process verification systems.
- Contact with internal and external clients guaranteeing the flow of information with the laboratory team including the quality and production team, the formulation and commercial areas and other clients.
- Review processes to ensure compliance and report noncompliance to laboratory management along with developing and implementing corrective action plans.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Demonstrated ability of leadership, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to solve complex testing and process problems
- Executive work attitude to be proactive in reporting with Lab Manager and colleagues
- Respect for time lead/urgency and priority management
- Teamwork/ collaboration with colleagues
- Attitude to Problem-solving and to balance and achieve positive results leading multifunctional teams
- One year of supervisory experience
- Previous project management experience
- Experience in laboratory, food safety, food manufacturing
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more: https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.