Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) Supervisor will implement our food safety management systems and ensure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements at an assigned facility. We seek a professional with the cross-functional teamwork skills to support our leadership team with thorough understanding of quality assurance safety technology and processes in the following: testing and auditing documentation, data collection and analysis and knowledge transfer. In this role you will provide team leadership to find solutions for food safety and quality concerns.
- Monitors regulatory activities, plant compliance with regulatory safety standards and acts as a liaison for the business with external regulatory authorities.
- Ensures adherence to Corporate, Regulatory and facility food safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluates standard operating procedures, master schedule, verification and reporting for the team and customer food safety and quality requirements.
- Act as an intermediary between our customers and the facility to review product performance, conduct quality safety audits, review third party certifications and respond to customer questions and complaints.
- Implements product specification systems and drives continuous improvement in the areas of processes and customer focus.
- Participation and preparation for plant tours and audits.
- Assisting the plan in various projects relating to Safety, Food Safety, Regulatory, Environment, Process Improvement, Engagement, Training etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, chemistry, microbiology, quality assurance OR equivalent experience,
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Experience interacting with external stakeholders (regulatory agencies, external manufacturers, customers)
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment (Food, Pet Food or Feed)
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Experience or knowledge with third party Food Safety Certifications (Feed Assure, GFSI)
- Confirmed ability to balance and achieve positive results leading multifunctional teams
- Problem solving and analytical skills with experience in Root Cause Analysis
- One year of supervisory experience
- Laboratory knowledge, including Good Laboratory Practice and instrumentation.
- Process Auditing experience
- Demonstrated ability of leadership, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
- Ability to travel up to 5%
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.