Grain Sales Representative
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Grain Sales Representative, with guidance from sales leadership and integrated approach with partnering crop input sales representative, will directly buy grain into Cargill’s network of grain elevators and crush plants from farm customers. We seek a results-oriented professional who is comfortable conducting remote and face-to-face sales with new and existing customers. In this role, you will exceed through solid sales process skills to evaluate customer needs and recommending sound grain marketing options for customers that includes Cargill’s suite of risk management tools and grain advisory programs.
- Help identify potential customers and handle existing customer relationships.
- Monitor customer and competitor activity and industry trends.
- Protect, grow and diversify the relationship with targeted customers.
- Support business growth by disseminating favorable information about the organization and its products and services.
- You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Possess a valid Canadian Driver’s License
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Knowledge of grain and crop input operations and products
- Knowledge of commodity markets and risk management strategies
- Experience using customer relationship management software
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.