Grain Marketing Advisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Reporting to the Regional Grain Marketing Leader, you are part of a grain consulting team focused on helping our Grain Marketing Service clients make better grain marketing decisions while adding value to Cargill’s core business. You will be accountable for acquiring new prospect clients as well as delivering the face to face elements of our grain marketing services and engaging with the broader Grain Marketing Services Team. By identifying opportunities with our clients and uncovering the client’s needs, you will proactively float new ideas and grain marketing strategies while providing education around possible solutions that can capture the market’s opportunities for our clients. In this role you will work closely with their
- Develop and maintain relationships with core customers.
- Deliver comprehensive grain marketing services to help farm customers market their grain by
- Using the core product deliverables such as the FarmMaximizer to better understand the client’s account
- Executing core product deliverables such as market reports and risk management tools
- Analyzing individual farm cash flow and contribution margin data
- Selling Grain Marketing Services (GMS) to farm customers by
- Working with the Sales Representatives and location teams to identify, prospect and close new GMA clients
- Executing the customer focus fundamentals and best practices as established by Cargill
- 20% Communicate proactively with the GMS and Sales teams by keeping the team informed of services that are being provided and new sales opportunities that arise
- Focus on competitively positioning risk management strategies while focusing on maximizing profitability for both customers and the company.
- Develop a deep understanding of the basic market access needs desired by customers in the segment and work to quickly adapt to changes in these needs with shifts in local cash markets.
- Enable an efficient and effective customer experience through utilizing our systems and digital offerings.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Commercial or sales experience
- Understanding of basic production agriculture principles
- Strong commodity markets and risk strategy knowledge
- Canadian Driver’s Licence in good standing
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Related post-secondary education or training
- Comprehension of Cargill’s Risk Management Tools
- Consulting experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.