Animal Care Technician
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
We are looking for an Animal Care Technician primarily responsible for the execution of approved protocols for animal studies in a safe, accurate, and timely fashion! You will conduct research trials with collecting data that includes animal weighing, feeding, and various types of samplings. You will also be responsible for providing standard animal husbandry and housekeeping duties.
Basic building and equipment maintenance and troubling shooting.
Contribute to continuous evaluation and improvement of experimental methodology, daily routines, and procedures.
Maintain safe working conditions according to our safety program and meeting animal welfare standards in accordance with animal policies.
Execute predefined protocols and standard operating procedures, like feeding, sample collection, animal observation, disease recognition, euthanizing, carcass disposal, and compile accurate data, observations/deviations, and trial quality measurement on time and in scope.
You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex clerical, administrative, technical, or customer support issues while referring only to the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four or more years’ experience in large animal husbandry, especially in dairy and beef animal
- Experience in maintaining a safe, clean working environment
- Able and willing to work on weekend, early mornings and/or later evenings when required (starting at 4 am, and nights ending at 10 pm)
- Able and willing to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience with Dairy Comp
- Research experience (any species/form)
- Large equipment operation experience
- Ability to learn animal sampling procedures
- Work with a team and communicate effectively (written and orally)
- Willingness to learn from others
- Receive and execute direction from leadership in written and oral form
- Be able to work independently and with our team with minimal guidance (after training)
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.