Junior Account Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 155 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
At Cargill, we strive to be the best choice in animal nutrition solutions. Cargill is a leading supplier of Salmon and Trout feed, distributed under the EWOS brand. With a strong focus on research and innovation, we provide the scientifically validated feed products our customers need to support all stages of production. Our continued focus on developing the most sustainable, most innovative products in the industry is matched by our long track record of helping salmon producers succeed.
This is an exciting position with Cargill Aqua Nutrition, offering the opportunity for a commercially focused, technical graduate to gain insight into the North Sea Salmon farming sector. The successful candidate will join the commercial team, working alongside Account Managers, to deliver technical support to UK Salmon and Trout farmers. This 18 Month position provides insight into aquaculture production, offers the opportunity to learn and deliver farm technical support services and develop commercially.
The Junior Account Manager will be mentored by a Senior Account Manager and will develop their own portfolio of customer support responsibilities, ensuring strong, effective working relationships are built with internal and external customers to deliver industry leading technical account management services.
- Supporting North Sea Account Managers in the delivery of all technical support services – this role will require working outdoors and on customer boats
- Maintain technical datasets and developing customer reporting
- Working as part of the North Sea Commercial team, taking collective accountability for delivering profitable growth, maintaining accurate sales forecasts and delivering against budgets
- Make commercial decisions to generate revenue and mitigate the risks associated with a physical supply chain
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers and customers
- Support the delivery of strategic objectives and work to develop exceptional commercial relationships
- Share ideas to enhance Cargill’s product offerings and our customers experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2:2 classification (or equivalent) in a relevant subject such as; Aquaculture, Marine Biology, Animal Biology, or another science-based subject
- Strong numeracy, analytical and practical problem solving skills
- The ability to take responsibility from the start and thrive on being proactive in a practical Aquaculture environment
- Curious and passionate to learn
- Able to persuade, influence and gain consensus with colleagues and customers
- Strong communication skills, written and orally in fluent English
- A valid UK driving license and willingness to travel in the UK with some global travel
- Post graduate and / or practical farming experience in the Aquaculture industry in a technical/ commercial environment
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a pre-recorded video interview. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.