Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Type: Full Time
- Direct and monitor the unloading of corn trucks and germ rail cars: which includes operations of truck dump equipment, scale monitoring, coordinating of truck movement. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as required, including, but not limited to, operator-based maintenance, cleaning of area and equipment, environmental equipment monitoring.
- Generation of truck scale tickets, troubleshoot minor computer problems. Seek necessary equipment maintenance from operations personnel. Customer Service/Communication - regular interaction with truck drivers, serve as liaison between truck drivers and merchants. Daily communication with grading personnel and operations supervisors.
- Safety/Ethics - perform all work following Cargill safety and food safety policies, ensure we maintain a sanitary work area including control room, dump bay and restroom, communicate expectations to drivers regarding no smoking and safety practices necessary for unloading - report concerns as appropriate.
- Identify and troubleshoot potential problems with elevator systems and fix if possible. Act as a liason between Cargill personnel and outside contractors to rectify any problems. Safely coordinate daily and emergency maintenance, including lockout of equipment and completion of required permits.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include lifting up to 50lbs, bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to operate machinery
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Basic computer skills
1 year of computer experience with emphasis in Microsoft Office
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She discovered there are endless opportunities to take your career in new directions through a variety of roles and business units.Meet Elizabeth
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.