Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Fermentation Scientist will conduct research on fermentation, enzyme applications and other bioscience areas with a focus on development of new bioprocesses and optimization of existing processes. In this role, you will work on a multidisciplinary team to develop, plan and execute fermentation experimental designs at lab and pilot scales and effectively communicate results to stakeholders.
- Create technical work plans for fermentation experiments individually or as part of a team.
- Conduct fermentation experiments with a high level of excellence to ensure precise and accurate data.
- Process and analyze data and create tables and graphs to enable sound conclusions.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations to communicate experimental outcomes and well reasoned recommendations for future work.
- Collaborate with commercial fermentation facilities to support troubleshooting or evaluate and implement new process technology.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Knowledge of fermentation principles relevant to bioprocess development
- Hands on experience with lab scale fermentation equipment, microbial techniques, math and quantification skills and strain maintenance
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degree in biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, industrial microbiology or biochemistry
- Knowledge and application of microbial physiology
- Experience with pilot scale fermentation equipment
- Knowledge and application of protein production and purification.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.