Grain Origination Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Grain Origination Specialist represents the critical link between customers, commercial accounts, and the company's customer-facing strategy. In this role, you will translate regional and local cash commodity market knowledge into timely and competitive service offerings for our customers, executed with high efficiency.
- Develop and maintain relationships with core customers and select commercial customer segments.
- Focus on competitively positioning commodity offers in local cash markets to efficiently source them through our processing facilities while focusing on maximizing profitability for both customers and the company.
- Develop a deep understanding of the basic market access needs desired by customers in the segment and work to quickly adapt to changes in these needs with shifts in local cash markets.
- Collaborate with internal sales, merchandising, customer service, and operations teams to meet customer needs efficiently and in a manner that is tightly linked to regional and local cash market strategies.
- Enable an efficient and effective customer experience through utilizing our systems and digital offerings.
- Consistently identify and communicate customer insights back into the business unit that can be utilized to create and enhance standardized customer segment value propositions, as well as overall business strategy development.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Commerce, Business or related field OR equivalent experience
- Commercial, Financial, Sale acumen and experience
- Understanding of basic production agriculture principles
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Specialized knowledge of grain marketing and trading tools.
- Specialized knowledge of grain handling and grain quality management.
- Minimum Five years’ experience in an agricultural service business environment.
- Knowledge of sustainable agronomic practices.
- Knowledge of local customer base
- Database mining to segment our non-targeted customers and their business relationship potential
- Proven ability to understand grain futures, future spreads, basis relationships.
- Proven ability to understand grain flows and ability to capture opportunities the market presents
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.