Second Shift Nurse RN LPN
Want to join the global powerhouse that’s building a stronger, more sustainable future? Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in safe and responsible ways. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. Join us to leverage new technologies, dynamic insights and 154 years of experience to serve our food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers.
The Registered Nurse will perform occupational health care activities, including health and wellness training and and education, employee health services and compliance. In this position you'll be licensed to practice in your state of employment or equivalent in other geographies.
• Using technical knowledge and training, assist in designing and executing employee health and wellness programs.
• With oversight, conduct safety and ergonimic training and administer drug and alcholol programs.
• Treat, evaluate and assess employee illness or injury and determine medical direction.
• Develop, formulate and implement plans of care based on stand order and medical directives.
• Help determine what employees can do under restrictive duty, when they can return to work and when to refer them to an outside medical provider.
• With oversight, support OSHA-required recordkeeping.
• You will work under direct supervision and handle basic issues and problems, while referring more complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Other duties as assigned
Key Accountabilities Key Accountabilities
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 4 years equivalent experience.
• Must have RN or LPN certification
• Current Active license to practice professional nursing in Kansas
• CPR/First Aid certification
• Knowledge of the Industry
• Very Team Oriented
• Candidate must be sensitive to the needs of a multicultural/multilingual environment
• Able to utilize established practice guidelines and procedures as directives to perform position accountabilities.
• Able to use independent thinking with nursing knowledge and legal limitations to make appropriate decisions and recommendations.
• Able to utilize established protocols and policies to make autonomous medical decisions.
• Able to prioritize and establish treatment plans and goals for employee care.
• Background in Emergency, Orthopedics and surgery and /or case management preferred
• Occupational Health Working Knowledge
• Knowledge of OSHA and Worker Compensation
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required.
• One or more years’ experience in Occupational Health Nursing and Workers Compensation role.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.