Cattle Procurement Associate 2021
- Cargill Beef: As an Associate, you will be exposed to a number of disciplines that will give you the necessary tools to effectively schedule daily production, maintain a live inventory, and purchase grain fed cattle from various producers.
- Timely communication to producers and fellow Cargill employees involved with trading, transporting, harvesting and payment of cattle
- Manage relationships with producers in the associate’s territory
- Accurately evaluate quality of cattle and enter estimates into procurement system
- Collect key industry certifications and documentation from producers and verify producer information is accurately represented in the procurement system
- Cargill offers relocation benefits to associates who qualify (based on mileage).
- Associates are eligible for comprehensive health care plans and incentives.
- Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to associates who wish to continue their education in their career field.
- Associates are offered competitive retirement plans and registration assistance.
- As employees, associates receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Dodge City, KS
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in agriculture, business, economics, or related degrees, graduating between December 2020 and May 2021
- Basic understanding of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and live cattle trading activites
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
- A desire and willingness to work around and with livestock producers
- Demonstrated strong conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Willing and able to relocate
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Overall 3.0 GPA preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.