Health & Safety Leader
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Environmental Health and Safety Senior Supervisor is a subject matter authority in environmental, health, and safety compliance. In this role, you will develop, implement, and maintain processes and programs built to assure compliance with existing federal, state, and local regulations and requirements for a very complex operation with two or more highly hazardous processes, high serious injuries and fatality, and serious environmental event potential.
- Execute controls and applicable control programs and document that control programs have been implemented as planned for very large and complex operations with high risk and exposure.
- Define, implement and lead processes for risks, hazards, and opportunity identification and determine resources required to execute.
- Lead action plans by identifying potential emergency situations, creating emergency communication plans that address operation or business disruptions, recovery, and social media, and testing and validating the emergency action plans.
- Promote environmental, health, and safety culture through training and education solutions related to environmental, health, and safety issues, practices, and risks, coaching others as the need arises.
- Prepare and execute audits and ensure compliance with legal and other requirements are met.
- Conduct incident investigations based on incident classification and liaise with engineers, management, and health and safety regulatory authorities to identify causes of accidents and prevent their recurrence.
- Identify and review hazards, risks, and opportunities on an ongoing and proactive basis and ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are being implemented.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or minimum of four years of Health and Safety experience
- Basic business acumen and the ability to partner and communicate effectively with business counterparts
- Solid working knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards
- Confirmed ability to deliver processes effectively to optimize business resources
- Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge
- Two years of supervisory experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.