Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety Quality Chemist , will ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety. In this role, you will apply basic understanding of plant processes to monitor quality assurance systems including instrumentation calibration, maintenance, crosschecks, methods, procedures, raw materials, food safety and training. You will provide technical advice and support to production operations to ensure product quality, minimize process variation, process recoveries, waste reduction and cost minimization and improve customer satisfaction.
- Assure product meets compliance specifications and overall final product approval checks.
- Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action and communication with regard to processing data.
- Assess process quality parameters and food safety and quality systems daily, including cross checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing and oversight of analytical testing performed in control rooms.
- Training of new food safety and quality chemists, analysts, operators, technicians and personnel from other functional areas.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to work a 12 hour rotating night shift that includes weekends and holidays
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and seek process and laboratory problems, implement improvements based on the findings
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate change factors and formulate independent decisions
- Experience with email, spreadsheet and word processing applications
No matter who you are or where you are, we’ve designed our plans and programs to meet your needs. We want to help you take care of what’s needed for today and offer protection to help with tomorrow’s what-ifs. You’ll have access to a wide variety of flexible and inclusive programs to meet your health, financial, and work/life needs to support you and help you thrive. Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Medical insurance, Dental insurance and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match Company-funded Employee Retirement Account
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive employee assistance resource
Additional Position Information
This position includes a Sign-On Bonus
Job Location: Dayton, OH
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet