Food Safety Quality Associate (rotating schedule)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
As Food Safety Quality Associate, you will ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety. Assurance of product quality will require from you to monitor quality assurance systems including instrumentation calibration, maintenance, cross-checks, methods, procedures, raw materials, food safety, and training. Additionally, you will understand our plant processes and provide technical advice to support our production operations. We are measuring impact to customer happiness, minimization of process variation, process recoveries, waste reduction, and cost minimization.
- Assure product meets compliance specifications and overall final product approval checks.
- Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action, and communication with regard to processing data.
- Daily assessment of process quality parameters and food safety and quality systems including cross-checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing & oversight of analytical testing performed in control rooms.
- Training of new food safety and quality chemists, analysts, operators, technicians and personnel from other functional areas.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR four or more years of equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Able and willing to work a rotating shift.
- Able and willing to work evening, weekends, holidays and be on call when needed.
- Able and willing to work independently, possess positive working attitude with high initiative level and communicate effectively.
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.