Food Safety and Quality Technician I
About Our Business:
Want to join the global powerhouse that’s building a stronger, more sustainable future? Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in safe and responsible ways. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. Join us to leverage new technologies, dynamic insights and 154 years of experience to serve our food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers.
The Laboratory Technician position will manage the completion of routine analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams. We are looking for a hardworking person who will perform routine analysis of product testing, being responsible for checking and monitoring instrumentation performance and conducting tests for which we are going to provide intermediate supervision. You are also being responsible to document results into databases and/or communication test results. Independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff will be a differential.
• You will conduct routine quantitative and qualitative inspections on raw material, in-process and final products independently, supporting more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision.
• You will be accountable for ensuring compliance programs for all individual testing (Associate Lab Tech) which includes monitoring adherence to USDA regulations and other procedural food safety compliance.
• You will interpret and document results of all tests into active databases and communicates results as required. Communication scope limited to specification results to internal customers.
• You will run calibration checks, preventative maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation, maintaining customer specifications books up to date.
• You will work with the development of food/feed safety, quality and regulatory culture by interfacing cross functionally to build, maintain and improve an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture.
• High school diploma / GED or minimum one year of related professional experience, possessing basic working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation.
• Your ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals)
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in multiple formats
• Write routine reports and correspondence
• Professional approach when dealing with management, as well as when handling audits and representing the business to external community, suppliers and customers.
• Work expertly individually and in a team environment
• Strong computer program professional knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.