Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Strategic Account Manager- Pet will be responsible for developing and expanding partnerships with pet food customers and will be calling on the headquarters of multi-channel customers including traditional retail and pet specialty. This position is responsible for working closely with the pet functional teams to implement the Cargill programs to ensure defined customer needs are met. In this role you will sell and service multi-channel accounts to grow and meet business commitments, using defined best practices to achieve objectives for volume, revenue, profit, consumer experience, retention, and satisfaction, within the Pet segment.
- Grow, develop, and implement the strategy for new and designated key customers to expand demand, improve margin growth and extend the strategic partnership.
- Establish trust, mutually beneficial and long-term partnership with customers, clarify mid to long-term customer needs, and develop and agree to a specification of customer requirements.
- Collect insights from the external market to understand competitors and influence trends, define and deliver the value proposition.
- Build and nurture an internal network to deliver optimal solutions such as leading collaboration with key stakeholders internally, defining long-term strategy, and anticipating challenges to ensure effective resolution of issues.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Responsible for providing input and supporting the pet food Go-To-Market strategy – utilizing broad thinking about opportunities and sharing best practices. Demonstrate leadership and collaboration with the functions, our retail customers, and the North American Pet team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related sales experience
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in understanding customer context, uncovering customer key performance indicators, articulating customer objectives, and adding value to partnerships
- Experience in business development in highly competitive, mature markets
- Travel requirements could be up to 50% depending on the location of the candidate and where customers are located
- Knowledge of pet industry, positioning of products within the industry, and competitive landscape
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.