Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Network DevOps Engineer will automate, operate, and own Cargill’s software defined network infrastructure with an initial focus on SD WAN. In this role you will use modern infrastructure and software engineering practices to architect, build, secure, and maintain Cargill’s software defined network capabilities. You will provide technical guidance to multiple engineering teams including Network, Cloud, Hosting, Enablement Tooling, and Infrastructure Automation.
- Use software development and infrastructure as code practices to design, build and support software network capabilities
- Partner with multiple engineering teams to resolve complex problems and remove roadblocks.
- Work as part of an agile team developing new capabilities and acting as part of an on-call rotation.
- Participate in the engineering community by being a coach and mentor to engineers, share new technical trends and develop modern skills and engineering best practices across Cargill.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Experience building and managing network capabilities and platforms which automate the provisioning, deployment, and ongoing management of network devices
- Experience across various areas of network, including switching, routing, software and traditional WAN, firewall, load-balancing, networking protocols, DNS, DHCP, network observability
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling to drive infrastructure code deployment across cloud and on-premises networks
- Experience with automation and configuration management tooling including Terraform, Ansible, CI/CD, and network orchestration
- Experience working with agile teams, leveraging modern engineering tools and practices to manage team backlog, planned work, and issue tracking
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.