Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Position Purpose -
We seek a Trader who will participate in face-to-face and remote selling to both new and existing customers. In this role, you will contribute to generating income and controlling risks by performing most routine or complex trading work.
Key Accountabilities -
• Execute and monitor the short-term trading strategies and books for a specific commodity/market/customer based on speculative and hedged positions.
• Reconcile routine/repetitive profit and loss estimates and reports that require some interpretation of trading practices and procedures.
• Track customer and competitor activity and industry trends.
• Contribute to developing and implementing sales strategies, identifying potential customers and fostering existing customer relationships.
• You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
• Other duties as assigned
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field ((Finance, Economics, Math or International Business preferred) or equivalent experience (in agricultural preferred)
• Minimum of two years of related work experience
• Experience in commodity industry (Supply chain and trading): commodity trading, banking (M&A, capital markets, project finance), asset management, risk management or account management.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Open to travel
• Trading Technical Analysis (Futures buy and sell based on reading of trading charts).
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.