Senior Trade Execution Coordinator
TRADE EXECUTION COORDINATOR
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Senior Trade Execution Coordinator, with limited to no oversight, is responsible for coordination and execution of complex, large-scale trade execution activities using detailed knowledge of trade execution practices and procedures, related to customer interaction/ business partnership, process improvements/compliance, data management/documentation, shipment execution, performance management and strategy implementation.
- Independently executes with excellence the container, import or bulk export flows under responsibility, which includes knowing how to apply contractual terms to minimize risks of the execution (such as demurrage, penalties, defaults, delays on payments, etc.).
- Carefully checks or reviews purchase and sales contracts to ensure their clauses are fully understood and executable and puts a shipment plan in place to correspond with these agreements and terms. Reviews and records documents, ensuring per legal and fiscal requirements, using current knowledge of trade execution practices and procedures.
- With some supervision, handles export or import processes for CASC Platform BU as well as for other BUs in other platforms. Execute tasks with excellence, dealing with peers, stakeholders, third parties, governmental entities and other departments of the organization.
- Get involved with service providers and other teams in a way to provide the company a safe and flawless execution of export and/or import flows.
- Provide training plan to colleagues whenever necessary, supporting the development of peers and junior team mates. Provide feedback on current processes to maintain an updated and useful procedure for the Trade Execution function. Identify opportunities for improvement in training plans and their execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum 5 years of Trade Execution, Logistics, Supply Chain, or similar experience
Knowledge of Governing Rules (ANEC, GAFTA, FOSFA, NAEGA)
Comprehension of INCOTERMS
Fluent in English & Spanish, both verbal and written
Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Relations, Supply Chain Management or related field
Experience with financial analysis and providing decision support to businesses supported
Experience in the agricultural trading industry
Understanding of freight forwarding
Subject Matter Expert (SME) possessing good technical skills
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.