Third Shift Sanitation Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT:
We are looking for a Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Sanitarian Supervisor who will ensure sanitation requirements are met. This position is responsible to interact with, monitor, and verify the sanitation team activities. We want a leader who can manage and schedule a team of technicians to optimize preoperational inspection, as well as, verification and corrective action activities.
You will act as a liaison between USDA and plant operations and positively drive the sanitation performance of the facility. You will be involved in training facility personnel in quality and food safety and regulatory topics. This position has accountability for a medium- to the high-complexity facility.
- Perform sanitation standard operating procedure review and master sanitation schedule task verification and reporting to include tracking and trending of key performance indicators associated with sanitation activities.
- Manage shelf-life testing and other research development projects to include data analysis and reporting.
- Lead a team to monitor plant operations for compliance to behavioral standards related to food/feed safety and quality.
- Responsible for team documenting/log audit and test data/results accurately and appropriately in the correct information management systems.
- Provide overall guidance and expertise to the team.
- Help supervise technicians and review daily paperwork.
- You will have some authority for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions, and much of your time is spent completing the same tasks as the subordinate employees.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Poultry Science, Animal Science or related field OR in lieu of degree, four plus years experience in a production/manufacturing related environment.
Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
Minimum one year of supervisory experience.
Other minimum qualifications may apply
Bachelor’s degree in animal science, food science, biological sciences, or related field
Bilingual (Spanish, Arabic)
Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Office, specifically MS Excel
Organized leadership experience (e.g., supervisor, lead person, etc.)
Good understanding of fundamental basics of sanitation process
One year of supervisory experience
Two years of experience in quality, food safety, auditing, etc.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.