Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Location: Columbus, NE
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: $29.18 - $39.24/hr
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Troubleshoot advanced electrical systems
- PLC programming
- Building and Installing electrical control packages
- Install/Troubleshoot/Repair networking systems
- Repair/Troubleshoot production equipment
- Read electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic schematics
- Utilize MRO system
- Cleanliness and housekeeping
- Ensuring food safety and quality
- Documenting daily work assigned on paper and in maintenance management system
- Utilize parts in inventory to repair equipment and follow procedures for documenting usage
- Identify problems and make suggestions to improve operational processes
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have high school diploma
- Must be able to read and write in the prevalent language of technical literature utilized at the facility.
- Must have knowledge of hand and power tools, ability to identify proper tool for specific tasks
- Willingness to participate in HAZMAT membership, at minimum supporting role
- Have state issued operator driver’s license and able to use a powered industrial truck (PIT)
- Ability to work independently and with other technicians
- Education in or willingness to complete courses in Fluid Power Fundamentals, Fundamentals of Mechanical Systems, Fluid Power Systems, Industrial Principles, Concepts of Electronics1, Fluid Power Systems, Control Systems, Introduction to Programmable Controls, Concepts of Electronics 2, Control Logix, and Advanced Control Systems.
- Previous industrial maintenance experience
- Two year degree that relates to the maintenance field
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate them. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status. Employees may be required to wear masks, depending on requirements of the business and public health requirements based on the spread of COVID in the community.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.