Underground/Surface Mine Maintenance Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Maintenance and Reliability Supervisor I will coordinate the repair and maintenance of machinery, vehicles and equipment. We seek a professional who will focus on tactical and operational activities and align and implement reliability practices and programs. In this role, you will lead all aspects of maintenance, repair and project planning and stay up to date with industry best practices.
- Operate, monitor and maintain machines and production equipment.
- Collaborate with senior team members to identify opportunities to improve reliability and resolve acceptable risk tolerance for equipment.
- Participate in project planning, cost estimation, tracking and payback justification.
- Engage the employees responsible for the repairs and maintenance of equipment and machines.
- Plan and prioritize work orders, scheduling overall repair and maintenance to minimize production downtime and disruptions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field with two years of mining work experience OR in lieu of degree, Three years of underground mining experience.
- Minimum three years of directly related maintenance experience (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Ability to flex schedule to cover different shifts when needed
- One year of supervisory / leadership experience. (Direct/Indirect reports/Projects).
- Experience supporting audit compliance and root/cause analysis processes.
- Experience with SAP software.
- Experience with heavy equipment repair or industrial electrical knowledge.
- Understanding of S.M.A.R.T. goals and coaching employees.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.