Mine Production Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Mine Production Supervisor will lead all production and operating processes by being responsible for the operations agenda and leading an engaged team that will execute business deliverables. In this role, you will ensure safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale objectives are met.
The Production Supervisor must be flexible to the changing needs of the Surface and underground mining operations which include the ability to work 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd shift.
- Directly operate or supervise the production process of the underground mine, lead all staff in the shift, including contract workers.
- Monitor and maintain proper safety requirements in the shift to ensure the safety of the staff.
- Compliance with all state and federal mining statutes.
- Monitor and maintain the quality to ensure the products meet the required standards.
- Provide training to the staff on relevant environmental health and safety requirements to ensure that all staff are trained in accordance with regulations.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
Relocation will be provided for this position.
A strong candidate has been identified for this position. However, we will consider all candidates who meet the requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1 year underground mining experience, or 3 years underground mining experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels in the plant.
- Minimum one year of underground mining experience (i.e. mining methods, mine ventilation, material processing/ handling systems).
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd shift.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in mine production management.
- Knowledge of MSHA safety statutes.
- Experience with SAP or other computer maintenance management system.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.