Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
The Cargill Canola Crush plant and Refinery, located in Clavet, SK has an opportunity available for a Journeyman Millwright to work as part of the maintenance team to ensure that all plant equipment is maintained and managed to the highest degree of reliability in a safe and cost effective manner. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Journeyman Millwright fabricates, assembles, installs, inspects and repairs mechanical processing and associated equipment.
- Perform predictive maintenance and corrective maintenance on facility assets
- Complete fabrication, welding and repairs in the field
- Complete installation of new equipment
- Maintain equipment, making repairs and modifications when necessary
- Inspect individual parts, assemblies, and installations for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micro-meters
- Participate in safety meetings, training activities, and in the plant safety program
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Possesion of Journeyman Millwright Certification
- Experience with welding and fabrication
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills
- 3 years of industrial experience or more
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety
- Experience in grain industry or related food industries
- Knowledge of maintenance reliability processes (predictive and preventative maintenance)
- Experience with and pipe fitting
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and layout drawings
- Strong work ethic and a desire to be part of a high-performing team
- Experience operating a Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)/Forklift
This Full-time position is located in Clavet, SK however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.