Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Administrative Assistant (in Business Operations & Supply Chain) will make independent decision regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling of more complex administrative support. We seek an experienced professional who will coordinate, integrate and implement assigned administrative or staff functions.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing accounting support, processing operations reports, providing Human Resources support, payroll administration, Environmental Health and Safety support and general administrative support.
- Apply detailed knowledge of department operations and infrastructure, policies and procedures to perform moderately complex administrative processes.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, diaries and travel arrangements.
- Solicit, collect and organize documentation and data, performing moderately complex data entry into one or more systems.
- Plans, coordinates and confirms logistics for more complex meetings and travel.
- Provide assistance and training to lower-level employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
• Minimum of four years of related work experience (Office/plant environment and experience with accounting/clerical duties).
• Strong computer skills; intermediate level or above in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. SAP experience.
• Must have strong mathematical and analytical skills.
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
• Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, HR or other related area.
• Proven knowledge of basic HR and Accounting rules and regulations.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.