Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Production Excellence Engineer will be responsible to deliver production excellence processes and management systems focused on driving operational performance and value creation across manufacturing plants. In this role, you will use your knowledge to ensure alignment of key operational metrics.
- Partner collaboratively with operations to analyze and develop recommendations regarding failures and lost production and identify and implement solutions to improve the system, standard work and processes.
- Implement and audit leading operational practices and purposefully raise performance by monitoring key performance indicators.
- Responsible for leveraging the most effective approach to identify, monitor, and where applicable, implement continuous improvement and best practices initiatives.
- Manage and implement proactive maintenance and reliability activities, production excellence activities and continuous improvement activities for a less complex site or a single more complex department.
- Lead local and departmental alignment of stakeholders including operations, environmental and supply chain.
- Implement technology transfer packages to locations including plant trial execution and local plant trial plans.
- Partner collaboratively with cross functional regional leaders to leverage resources, knowledge and strategies that increase value captured throughout the portfolio of production excellence projects.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Intermediate English Level
- Knowledge and application of safety principles and methodologies
- Lean six sigma and continuous improvement capabilities
- Experience creating complex tests and analysis
- Project management experience
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment