Senior Field Technician (Remote in: IL, IN, KY, MI, OH, TN)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Field Technician will install, troubleshoot, provide technical advice and support to our Road Safety customers during and after product sales in the Central US Territory within our Salt business. In this role, you will be the lead contact for customers and you will stay ahead of technology and business practices through workshops, research and professional meetings.
- Preform onsite installations of brine making equipment, truck filling systems and tank farm configurations.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and vendors to provide onsite technical support for current customers and prospects.
- Provide customer solutions and technical support materials to specific customers.
- Perform complex research for product development.
- Understand product properties, machine and systems operations in order to convey technical solutions to customers.
- Compile and analyze data for project update, working with external suppliers to test new products and technologies to make recommendations on applications.
- Organize project data and conclusions for internal and customer presentations, assist with product demonstrations and service as subject matter guide during meetings with prospective customers.
- Stay ahead of product insight and research to improve value of offerings.
- Keep systems up to date and stay ahead of product insight and research to improve value of offerings.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical degree or electrical certification in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four years' experience working on automation or process equipment in the field.
- Able to trouble shoot PLC systems, valves, flowmeters, sensors and control circuitry.
- Experience developing customer relationships and influencing skills.
- Able to read electrical wiring and mechanical diagrams.
- Ability to travel up to 90% within the Central Territory.
- Comfortable using construction tools (Multi-meters, saws, power tools, Hand tools, etc.)
- Familiar with electrical / industrial safety practices
- Flexibility, change and conflict management skills.
- Proficient in mobile applications & Microsoft (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to operate under pressure during seasonal peaks and prioritize schedule to align with customer needs.
- Experience with Rockwell Studio 5000
Location - This position is open to remote candidates within the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee.
Travel - Anticipated travel is 80-90% during winter months (Oct - March).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.