Sales Development Manager (Open to Remote)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
Cargill is seeking an experienced business development/sales professional to fill the position of Southeastern United States Sales Development Manager. The ideal candidate will be expected to develop and advance Cargill’s ANOVA products line in burgeoning markets across the Southeastern territory. This role will work collaboratively with other territory managers, strategy officers and key stakeholders in creating a clear description of market expectations, revenue targets and overall business objectives.
The Southeast Sales Development Manager (Open to Remote)will develop ways to increase sales and revenue from new and existing market segments and channels. In this role, you will offer insight to help shape the company's business expansion strategies and provide input into annual business development plans to reach objectives and revenue targets.
This role requires a candidate to be located in the Southeast US area: Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, and travel is required to cover the area of responsibility.
- Collaborate with our business to understand business requirements and market needs.
- Recognize and pursue new market segments and opportunities for business development, calculating return on investment.
- Monitor market development activities to align with company business goals.
- Prioritize market segment development activities and set revenue targets.
- Measure performance to meet objectives.
- Collaborate with other business developers to optimize market segment opportunities.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience in Sales, marketing, or business development
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Five plus years of sales or related experience in the asphalt industry
- Sales experience working with transportation infrastructure, paving, construction, asphalt, or related field
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Proven experience selling products in a business-to-business sales environment
- Strong relationship building, listening, influencing, and communication skills
The expected salary for this position is $100,000 - 150,000. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific location, certifications, education, and level of experience. The disclosed range estimate may be adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. This position is eligible for a discretionary incentive award. The incentive award amount is dependent upon company performance and your personal performance.
At Cargill we put people first. As part of your overall rewards, we offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered and hours worked. Visit: https://www.cargill.com/page/my-health/mh-health-and-wellness to learn more (subject to certain collective bargaining agreements for Union positions).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.