Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Associate Scientist will coordinate, align and innovate through assistance, exploration, development, and implementation of new and existing products and formulations. We seek a professional who will assist other scientists, technical guidance to new product development for product line growth, and technology/process development for the creation of new capabilities. In this role, you will identify and implement technical solutions to meet business goals.
- Stay current with literature and formulation advancements.
- Plan and perform application work in laboratory including projects, customer requests, jobs to be done, understanding and project presentations.
- Develop documentation for intellectual property protection formula and processes.
- Provide input and technical guidance on products, process development and formulation improvement.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (marketing, sales, ops, quality and regulatory).
- Collaborate with R&D, research and commercial brand on short- and long-term testing programs for experimental products and formulations, and prepare formulations to support the process.
- Work with sales, business management, and marketing partners to assist in identifying customer needs and translate these into new ingredient development opportunities.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with formulation
- Tech-savvy and comfortable with evolving business-critical technology
- Awareness of cosmetic science, analytical tests, and marketing strategies
- Prior experience in product management
- Experience in personal care and cosmetic formulations, ingredient functionality and product commercialization.
- Experience in research and development
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet