Full Stack Software Engineering Internship Fall 2021 at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign Research Park
- Professional Experience - Gain professional experience as a software engineer working in a cross-functional team. Learn best practices from industry professionals. Understand what it is like to work within an agile software product team.
- Build Prototypes - Work on fast-paced, digital prototype projects. Ship a functioning prototype over the course of weeks. Collaborate with clients to test prototypes and gain real-world insights.
- Cross-Functional - Gain exposure speaking with and presenting to a variety of stakeholders across business, engineering, design and product functions. Work in tandem with a UX UI designer on understanding the user’s journey, wireframes and user interface designs.
- Startup Culture – Wonder what it would be like to work within a product team at a software company? Or how about getting a software MVP off the ground? Your project for the semester will include building a prototype from scratch or exploring future features of an existing app. You’re paired with other software engineers and UX UI designers to go from requirements gathering, planning, design, architecture, dev, quality assurance to testing with real users over the course of a semester.
- Use Cases That Matter – Work on real innovation initiatives that serve a variety of clients at Cargill ranging from animal nutrition, animal supply chain, food industry, learning and development, to trading and analytics. Apply your talents on digital initiatives that transform global food systems.
- Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign graduating between December 2021 and Summer 2023
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a major or minor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technology related discipline OR commensurate experience with software engineering in lieu of pursuing a related major/minor.
- Must have the right to work in the US that is not based solely on the possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Able to complete at minimum a semester-long internship during the Fall 2021 semester (September – December 2021).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Willing to take ownership of project and work
- Must be able to complete essential functions of this job as outlined in the job description with reasonable accommodations
- Pursuing a cross-disciplined degree in either Economics, Business, Food Science, or Agriculture Business.
- Overall 3.0 GPA preferred
- Commercial product software development experience; experience with agile development methodologies
- Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills; collaboration skills; verbal and written communication skills; and information research and gathering skills
- Knowledge of full-stack or mobile development, database design, and basic software engineering principles
- Interested in returning to the Lab across additional semesters beyond Summer 2022
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.