Communications and Market Research Intern at UIUC Research Park - Summer 2021
Internship in Research Park at the Cargill Innovation Lab at UIUC:
In partnership with the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) Research Park, you will be given the opportunity as an intern to work with Cargill Digital Labs through our local office, The Cargill Innovation Lab at UIUC, to gain hands on experience in real business situations and be exposed to many of Cargill’s businesses and functions during the work term.
As a Communications and Market Research intern, you would work across a variety of product teams across Cargill Digital Labs to collaborate on marketing and communications tasks.
As an organization Cargill’s mission is to lead in nourishing the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Digital Labs (CDL) strives to help prepare Cargill for a digital future. The vision of this future includes a thriving digital culture, continuous launching of new digital business initiatives, and that Cargill will be a digital thought leader in the food and agriculture industries.
In May 2019, Cargill established a research site within UIUC’s Research Park to further this mission. In its first iteration, we leverage the site to host digital research projects, such as software, hardware and engineering prototypes that are staffed by student interns from the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign. As we gain learnings from the experience, we will grow and mature our development capabilities within the park to best suit Cargill’s evolving digital journey.
Having the Right Mindset
We look for students that enjoy startup culture and are adept at working collaboratively within a team. Comfort with ambiguity is a must. Empathy for other functions is critical. Lean mindset to build the smallest thing possible is a key to success. We don’t expect you to be an expert on the entire stack, but we do look for students that are hungry to learn new things. Expand your skills in a high growth ag tech industry just a few blocks off campus.
- University of Illinois Urbana – Champaign in Champaign, IL
- Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign graduating between December 2021 and May 2024
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a major in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or other related disciplines
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Must possess writing, presentation and market research skills
- Able to complete a 12 - week internship in the summer (May – August 2021)
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must include cover letter with application
- Pursuing a minor in Art & Design, Statistics or other related disciplines
- Graphic design experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.