Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Sr. Merchant will handle a supplier base and fulfill transactions delivering commodities that meet production requirements and specifications in terms of timing, volume, quantity and cost. We seek an experienced professional to buy commodities from country elevators, producers, into our processing plants.
- Collaborate with transportation and logistics, quality assurance, customer managers and credit manager to ensure efficient execution.
- Originate, procure commodities to regional customers to reach target volumes and gain revenue.
- Embrace and drive change management through influencing others, evaluating impact, and managing anticipated resistance
- Generate market, position and profit and loss reports based on data and specialty reports gathered by junior team members.
- Work directly with customers, suppliers and business counterparts in developing business solutions to meet their needs.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
• Experience leading or supervising others
• Ability to apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
• Make sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory, information to effectively solve problems.
• Develop and deliver multimode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Ability to utilize strong communication in order to improve or challenge status quo
• Knowledge around different software systems or ability to learn new software
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet