Ruminant Field Technical Specialist (Open to Remote)
*This position is open to Remote Locations*
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Ruminant Field Technical Specialist will help coordinate a team to execute the business plan to meet business goals. We seek a professional who will identify and execute new business development projects and lead, prioritize and report on the portfolio of new business development projects. In this role, you will drive process improvements and the supporting tools and metrics.
- Develop customer relationships at key accounts.
- Work with sales and marketing leaders on customer segmentation and satisfaction, account planning, and the use of salesforce.com.
- Help ensure a safe working environment, food safety compliance and resource management.
- Help track and coordinate applications development work, ensuring that projects are appropriately staffed.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- Walking, standing and exerting up to 50 pounds of force are required occasionally
- Traveling by car up to 80% of the time is required
- Overnight travel is required 50-90% of the time
- Involves some outside work with possible exposure to temperature extremes
- Bachelor’s degree
- BSc (or BAC +5) or equivalent vocational education/apprenticeship in food science, chemistry, technology or related topic
- Practical experience applying ingredients in food or industrial or feed as appropriate (preference for Cargill portfolio ingredients)
- Customer-facing technical service experience
- Running projects of at the least Level 1A and low rigor
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.