Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Regional Electrical Engineering Specialist III will provide technical support and specialist knowledge for overall governance for electrical engineering standards, applications, gaps, solutions and measurements to increase Electrical Safety, Legal plus Cargill Compliance and Electrical Asset Reliability. In this role, you will participate in complex activities related to electrical engineering, support projects and improve our capabilities in the Electrical Asset Integrity Program by providing engineering support for the organization.
- Support the development of the most effective approach to identify, audit, monitor and implement electrical engineering standards, safety policies, procedures and job aids.
- Provide input to cross functional teams to select and implement tools and methodologies that will enable best practices.
- Provide direct support and delivery of services for the organization.
- Support providing leadership to the planning and implementation of electrical engineering standards and deliverables in Maintenance and Reliability processes and workflow.
- Execute the tactical development and delivery oversight of vision, direction and strategy for electrical engineering.
- Identify opportunities and bridge electrical engineering gaps in applications by establishing auditing control mechanisms.
- Propose and develop recommendations in areas of improvement by implementing solutions to improve performance and identify acceptable risk tolerance.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Identify opportunities in Equipment Maintenance Strategies optimization for continuous improvement process
- Provide SME support, troubleshooting, "fit for service" assessment and incident investigation expertise identifying early “License to Operate” issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- CESCP (Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional) Certification by NFPA
- Lean six sigma
- Project management and process safety management experience
Open to someone sitting at any of the following locations: Wayzata, MN; Blair, NE; Fort Dodge, IA; Eddyville, IA; Cedar Rapids, IA; Hammond, IN; Dayton, OH; Memphis, TN; Wahpeton, ND
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet